top of page



Welcome to Wheels 4 Working
Keeping Working People Working
Meet the Coalition
Help a Family in Need
Together we can make a difference!

What qualifications are required for the program?

An applicant must be able to prove employment, hours worked, income level and work record. Applicant must provide a copy of his/her driver's license, insurance, and registrations.  Wheels 4 Working processes each application on a case by case basis and each application submitted will be reviewed and evaluated on its own merit.

What can I donate?

We accept most cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RV's, motorcycles, off road vehicles, heavy equipment and most other motorized vehicles.

What are the benefits of donating my car?

Reduce taxable income, avoid costs associated with selling your car, no need to pay for advertising, no loss of privacy and possible security risk, no need to pay for vehicle registration, insurance, or repairs to keep your car running condition while you wait for a buyer.

Does my car have to be in running condition to donate?

It has to be towable.

How long will it take to pick up my vehicle?

We make donating a vehicle as simple and convenient as possible. In many cases, vehicles can be picked up within the same week.

Do I need a smog certificate to donate my car?

For states that require smog certificates or safety inspections, you may donate your vehicle without these documents.

What kind of paperwork will I need to donate my car?

You will need a clear title. It must be cleared and released from the bank. This law varies state by state. Please refer to the DMV in your state for clear instructions.

Do I need to remove my license plates?

This law varies by state. Refer to DMV in your state.

What if I do not have the title?

Contact your state DMV for directions on how to obtain a new title.

What if the title is not in my name?

Contact your state DMV about how to transfer the title into your name.

Do I need to notify the DMV when I donate a vehicle?

Each state has different criteria on how notification is made. Some states require the license plates to be returned to the DMV, and other states require a Release of Liability to be submitted to the DMV. Please contact your DMV for directions on how to notify the state you are no longer the owner of the vehicle.

Does my title need to be notarized?

Some states do require the title or transfer forms to be notarized, please check your state DMV.

Please reload

bottom of page